July 7, 2011

One Year Ago Today...

I was riding the Ducks! Yes, it's true, I accomplished one of my goals one year ago at my bachelorette party. The weather was much nicer (hot actually!) when my mom, sister, family-to-be, and best friends showed up to celebrate one of my last days as a single lady.

We met up at a hotel in lower Queen Anne, and then walked down to the Ducks. I remember feeling a little bit like I was in a daze (although it could have been the margaritas). I couldn't believe that I was actually getting married in just two days.

Parts of the Ducks adventure were pretty darn warm, but when we hit the water, there was a nice breeze, and the ride and the view were perfect.

I remember my friend Erin insisting that I have this photo, so she bought it for me. Thanks Erin! After the ride, we headed to Via Tribunali where Robin had rented out the loft upstairs. I remember feeling like we were in a cafe in Italy. Although the night ended early (had to get beauty sleep for the rehearsal the next day), I am so thankful to have had the chance to celebrate with so many great women.

Early that day I had also gone to my third wedding hair trial. It's kind of funny to think about the stress that went in to doing my hair for my wedding (especially since my vision was something I had already done many times myself). A few weeks before I had met with my stylist to try out a do, but she never really got it right. Then, days before, I had gone in to get highlights at my salon (and try the style again), but the foils had slipped, my stylist hadn't noticed, and I ended up with bleach tiger stripes across the back of my head. She spent hours trying to fix it. I remember thinking "this is not supposed to be happening a few days before my wedding!," and came home bawling, and vowing to never see the stylist again. The problem was, she was supposed to do my hair for the wedding, and appointments had already been made for my bridesmaids at the same salon. Luckily, Robin jumped into action, booked 7 last minute appointments at Habitude in Ballard, and saved the day. My mom also called her own stylist, who fit me into a last minute appointment to fix the stripes.

This style wasn't even the look I ended up going for (I swear I'm not that picky), so my final hairstyle was determined on the morning of the big day. I ended up thinking that my hair turned out ok, but I'm mostly just glad that I won't have to worry about something like this again. It's just hair, but it sure caused a lot of stress.

I can't believe Steve and I will be celebrating our one year anniversary this weekend! I've definitely been reminiscing, and have more one-year thoughts and photos to come. :)

1 comment:

  1. i remember this time last year too...I was nursing Wes back to health, hoping that he would be well enough to be one of your sweet ring-bearers (sadly it didn't work.)

    and i totally remember your hair, it was the only time i've ever seen a "hair change" half way through a wedding ;) And you were stunning! What a beautiful ceremony, reception and couple. Congratulations on your first year of wedded bliss!