October 29, 2011

Saturday


I can never get anything done on Saturdays. The extent of my productivity has been one hour of pilates, and signing up for a photography class by a photographer I met the other night at an event. I've spent today in my sweats, one minute starting to clean the house, and the next getting distracted by the internet, the bursts of sunshine outside, and the bright red tree that I see out of our corner window.


I've been trying so hard to capture the tree's colors on my camera. Every time the sun peeks out I hop in my boots and rush outside to get a shot in the right light. I researched a bit on aperture and shutter speed because I read somewhere that knowing these things could help (maybe I'll actually learn at my class).


I remembered this project and decided to take some of the tree inside with me to make a leaf garland. I went on a walk around the neighborhood, picked out some of my favorite leaves and strung them up with a needle and thread. The Pacific Northwest calendar is from Mossiere.



Then I placed a few little pine cones next to the succulent on our kitchen table.


There. We're decorated for fall. Was it productive? I'm not sure, but I'm not going to worry about it. This is what Saturdays are for.

No comments:

Post a Comment