September 23, 2011

Almost Ready

Tomorrow my little sister is getting married! It's been a busy week, and like all wedding weeks, today has been even busier. Among the tasks on my to-do list today was snipping rosemary sprigs from a giant bush in front of my house (which I didn't know was rosemary until last Monday--thanks Paige!). Tomorrow we're going to tuck the herbs in the napkins at each place setting, and it felt so great to not have to pay for this one piece of decoration.
Rosemary is the herb of remembrance, fidelity, and love. Perfect for a wedding.

I also finished up these bride and groom cake toppers and sent them off with the wedding planner. The number of do-it-yourself projects for this wedding sort of got out of hand, but I think we're finally almost ready.

More than anything, I'm looking forward to watching my sister's face as she looks around at all of their guests, soaks in the events, and experiences the joy of vowing to love Josh forever. I'm going to try not to become the second photographer tomorrow, because I too, just want to soak it all in.

No comments:

Post a Comment