January 19, 2012

Snow Days

Here we are on day 3 of our Seattle version of a winter storm. It's been quite the mix of anticipation, excitement, relaxation, and boredom. While it's been nice to sleep and sit around the house, I know Steve is itching to get into work, and in the back of my mind, a voice keeps telling me I should be more productive. Oh well. It will be over soon enough. Yesterday was a great day though, and very much what snow days are all about.
While Steve set up his work-from-home station, I enjoyed some tea, a blueberry muffin (I made this batch the night before), and the view out our window.

Around mid-morning, Patrick and Paige came over to our place, and we got ready to walk up to the top of Phinney Ridge.




Along the way there were plenty of photo ops--especially this one of Batman with a unicorn.


We walked over to Cafe Vita to enjoy some hot chocolate and treats, in honor of Patrick. It was his birthday! Greenwood Ave was pretty busy, but mostly filled with walkers, sledders, and some skiers. We hung out there for awhile, talking and people watching.



Afterwards we headed to the store, bought some lunch ingredients and came back home for some food, mindless tv and naps. Thanks for the snow day, Seattle. Feel free to come back again, but only once a year.




2 comments:

  1. Thanks for such a fun day. I was just thinking about my "snow day" post ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're going to need to show me how to get those soft curls- you're hair looks great!

    ReplyDelete